Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Create Something!

Have you seen this pin.
Well that's pretty much my life story.
I love to do things myself! and my greatest adventure to make beautiful things starts now. We bought a house! Our first to be exact. It makes me super excited to have a place I can make my own. You know the feeling?
Even though the apartment we rent is from my mom there's only so much I can do. For one reason if we ever left (like we are now) it has to be an easy resale to her. And my most selfish reason, if I make awesomeness out of the walls and ceilings I'm gonna wanna be able to take it with me!

If you're in the mood to do some reading that makes your heart happy I've found it for you. (click here to read it) It's full of all sorts of good feelings. If you don't like to make things this will make you wanna do it anyway. And because I could never say it as well as he I'm just gonna straight up quote Elder Uchtdorf.

The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children.You may think you don’t have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us. 5 The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter.
What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside.
If you still feel incapable of creating, start small. Try to see how many smiles you can create, write a letter of appreciation, learn a new skill, identify a space and beautify it.
Nearly a century and a half ago, President Brigham Young spoke to the Saints of his day. “There is a great work for the Saints to do,” he said. “Progress, and improve upon and make beautiful everything around you. Cultivate the earth, and cultivate your minds. Build cities, adorn your habitations, make gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and render the earth so pleasant that when you look upon your labors you may do so with pleasure, and that angels may delight to come and visit your beautiful locations. In the mean time continually seek to adorn your minds with all the graces of the Spirit of Christ."
Pretty great stuff eh? 
I think it's time for me to make a goal. I'll start simple it's the easiest way to start.
 drum roll please...
Have a happy attitude to uplift and help those around me.
Progress report soon to follow. Wish me luck. and don't forget GO CREATE SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment